Dell Reinstall USB Port Repair Tips
Quick and Easy PC Repair
Over the past few weeks, some of our readers have reported that dell has reinstalled the USB ports.
You may have found this article because you are having troublecli problems with the USB port on your Dell personal computer. If not all ports recognize your USB gadget, don’t panic. Specifically, we will show you how to fix the Dell USB not working issue. We have simple and specific troubleshooting steps that you can click to resolve your technical issues.
Decision #1. Use A Different USB Port
How do I fix the USB ports on my Dell desktop?
Disconnect the power cord or AC adapter from your Dell laptop.Restart your computer.Connect the USB device to your own laptop.Plug in the power cord or AC adapter.Check if your USB device is working properly. If the problem persists, try the third solution below.
In many cases, it’s easy to learn how to get your Dell computer to recognize a USB device if it’s not recognized. In some cases, the most common cause of the problem is simply a dusty or damaged USB port. Issues like this can prevent the port from reading your USB device properly. Therefore, we support connecting your USB device to a different port. On the other hand, if you find that not all USB ports on your Dell computer recognize your USB device, of course you can try the following solution.
Solution 2: Disconnect And Reconnect The Power Cord
If you are using a Dell laptop and it really does not recognize your USB drive, you should check if theDoes he have nutritional problems? The Universal Bus ports on laptops will not work properly unless they receive sufficient power. To check if this is the case, do the following:
- Disconnect the power cord or AC adapter from your Dell laptop.
- Restart your computer.
- Connect your USB device to your laptop.
- Connect the power cable or adapter.
- Check if your USB device is working properly. If the problem persists, try the third price below.
Solution 3: Check Your Power Management Settings
Your system may disable USB controllers when you are not using them. It may be a power saving feature that prolongs battery life. However, Windows sometimes “forgets” to re-enable these people when you need them. Therefore, we recommend that you review the utility management settings by making the following changes:
- Open the Run dialog box by simply pressing the +R key on your preferred keyboard.
- In the Run dialog, type “devmgmt.(msc name” in quotation marks), then click OK.
- Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers category.
- Double-click the USB Root Hub entry at the top of the defined list.
- Access to manage the power tab.
- Uncheck any box next to “Allow the computer to disable device support”.
- Click OK to save the current changes.
- If you have multiple USB ports as a root hub, follow steps 1-7 for each one.
- Now check if your USB ports are working properly. If not, go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Update Your Precious USB Driver
If you’ve tried all three basic solutions and they probably didn’t solve the problem, the problem is often with your USB driver. Luckily, updating the game is one of the easiest fixes for the problem. You have two or three ways to update your drivers:
- You will see Device Manager.
- Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- Use Auslogics Driver Updater to speed up the process.
Use Device Manager in
- Right click on one of our Windows icons on the taskbar.
- Select Device Manager from the options.
- Expand the properties of the Universal Serial Bus Controller category.
- Right-click on the first USB Root Hub and select Update Driver from My Options. Repeat these steps for many entries in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers category.
Download Drivers From The Manufacturer’s Website
How do I restore my USB ports?
Restart your computer.Look for trash in USB Town.Check internal connections for loose or broken connections.Try a different USB connection.Switch to another USB satellite.Connect your device to a completely different computer.Try connecting a dedicated USB device.See device manual (Windows).
In some cases, even if you click the Update Driver button in Device Manager, your Podium may skip updating. Therefore, you should always go to the manufacturer’s website and find the latest major version that is compatible with your drive system. You must manually obtain and install the driver.
Use Auslogics Driver Updater To Automate The Process
While using the Device Manager is unreliable, manually improving drivers is time-consuming and tedious. You may cause system instability issues if you install the driver completely.ry. To avoid these problems, we recommend using Auslogics Driver Updater. This product line is designed to automatically teach you how to use your system. It will find, download, install and install the most advanced manufacturer recommended drivers for your Dell laptop.
Fix PC problems with Driver Updater
Computer instability is often caused by outdated or corrupted drivers. Auslogics Driver Updater diagnoses driver issues and makes it easy to update all old drivers at once or one at a time to keep your PC running smoothly
How do I fix my USB ports on my Dell laptop not working?
Check USB ports or wires and cables for physical damage.Reset BIOS to factory settings.Run a hardware diagnostic test.Test all functions of the USB device on another computer.Check Windows Device Manager for errors.Run the Windows Hardware Troubleshooter frequently.
Conseils De Réparation Du Port USB Pour La Réinstallation De Dell
Consejos De Reparación Del Puerto USB Para La Reinstalación De Dell
Dell Ominstallera USB-port Reparationstips
Dell 재설치 USB 포트 수리 팁
Dell Hersteltips Voor USB-poort Opnieuw Installeren
Tipps Zur Reparatur Des USB-Anschlusses Von Dell Zur Neuinstallation
Suggerimenti Per La Riparazione Della Porta USB Per La Reinstallazione Di Dell
Dicas Para Reinstalar A Porta USB Da Dell
Wskazówki Dotyczące Ponownej Instalacji Portu USB Firmy Dell
Советы по ремонту портов USB при переустановке Dell